The Children's Resale
Frequently Asked Questions:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are you open year-round?
No. We have two day sales, twice a year: spring and fall.
How is the pricing?
Every item is individually labeled and priced by the seller. Therefore, prices will vary. In general, items are typically priced 50-75% off retail price.
What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash and Checks (with valid ID) are accepted. Checks are to made payable to Children's Resale. No credit/debit cards will be accepted.
What items will I NOT find at the resale?
Items that you will not find at the resale include:
- Car seats & booster seats
- Car seats and booster seats will be not be sold per County rules. Undocumented accidents put strain on a car seat, putting potentially hazardous car seats back into the community. Only buy used car seats from someone you trust.
- Pet supplies
- While we understand that kids love pets, pet care items are not 'child care' items. These items will not be accepted or sold at the resale.
- Adult clothing
- This resale is geared towards child specific items. We do accept and sell maternity and junior clothing & accessories.
- VHS and cassette tapes
How early should I show up?
Please feel free to come early, prior to doors opening. Shoppers have been known to show up several hours before the sale starts.
No early entrance will be allowed. Do not save space in line for your friends/relatives unless they have a small infant that needs to be in the car until the start of the sale. Resale committee reserves the right to ask anyone to join the end of the line for cutting in line.
The line to enter the sale is located outdoors. Remember to dress for the weather.
If interested in some of our hotter items (strollers, highchairs, pack ‘n plays, cribs, toddler beds, exersaucers, bouncy seats, bikes, outdoor play toys, etc), you will want to come early to increase your chances of finding these fast movers.
Is it okay to save a spot in line?
To be fair to all, our rule is: no spots in line can be saved unless the individual is on resale property and remains on resale property during the duration of their spot being saved. In addition, an object (basket, chair, blanket) must be present to reserve the spot. Others will be asked to join the end of the line. We really strive to be fair to all who attend. Resale committee reserves the right to ask anyone to join the end of the line for cutting in line.
If I purchase a large item, when must it be picked up?
If you purchase a large item, you have until closing on the day of the sale to return and pick up your item. Items remaining will be donated.
Are dressing rooms available?
Yes; a private dressing room is available in the Maternity/Junior Boutique.
Can I bring my child with me?
Children are welcome to the public resale.
What happens to the items that do not sell?
Items remaining at the conclusion of our sale are either returned to the seller or donated to charity as directed by the seller.
What additional ways can I help?
Advertising: Advertising is crucial to each resale and we ask for the community's help in distributing flyers.
- Flyers are currently hand delivered, mailed, and emailed to various churches, mom's groups, daycares/preschools, professional offices, factory break rooms, and other locations that have approved posting of the resale information. If your group would like to have some brochures to circulate, they are available for free by contacting our Advertising Coordinator.
- Word of mouth is often times the most effective method of advertising. Please share resale information to your friends, family, and coworkers.
- Like us on Facebook, follow our updates, and share our events with your Facebook friends.
Volunteer: We are always looking for community volunteers and committee members! Check out our volunteer and committee page to see how you can get involved!
Become a Sponsor: Our purpose is to serve others. One way that we accomplish this is by seeking donations from businesses, organizations, and individuals throughout the community. With those donations, we are able to provide Resale vouchers to families in need of a blessing. 100% of donated monies go towards providing these vouchers.
I’m interested in getting a sale such as this started in my community. Is there someone that I can talk to?
Please feel free to contact Sarah Freitas, at 574-862-1628 or [email protected] for further information on how to get a sale such as this started in your area.